Question Asus ROG STRIX B450 F Gaming Bios Update

agate2

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2014
I am planning to purchase Asus ROG STRIX B450 F Gaming board to use with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
The risk is that the board may not be upgraded with their bios # 2301 which will support 3400G CPU

There is no option as Bios upgrade button on this motherboard, I see that I need to buy a old CPU with AM4 format, boot the board then upgrade
the Bios.

Is there any other solution, without buying a CPU ?

I am planning to purchase Asus ROG STRIX B450 F Gaming board to use with AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU
The risk is that the board may not be upgraded with their bios # 2301 which will support 3400G CPU

There is no option as Bios upgrade button on this motherboard, I see that I need to buy a old CPU with AM4 format, boot the board then upgrade
the Bios.

Is there any other solution, without buying a CPU ?
Yes, buy the AMD Ryzen 5 3400G APU, then request a CPU loan from AMD.
When you are done with the BIOS update, return the loaned CPU back to AMD.

Go to the AMD online warranty claims page:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form
Fill in your full contact and product details (3rd Gen Ryzen Processor OPN number and serial number)
In the Problem Description field enter "Boot kit Required" (without quotes)
The product must be a valid AMD processor with authentic OPN and serial number.

Once the claim is received and approved, confirmation details and boot kit instructions will be provided in a follow up email.

If I were you, I would get a motherboard that already supports the AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU out of the box...like the MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX.

Reactions: agate2

TRENDING THREADS