Asus ROG Strix B450 F Gaming or Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO? Which Mobo should i buy?

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
i really dont know which one to buy , both motherboards are the almost same price in my place (Aorus is $10 cheaper but money doesnt matter) i just want a better motherboard which one is better? can you guys explain every comparison details. help me choose! thanks!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
depends really. Do you have a Strix RGB graphics card?
If so, then getting the Strix board is what you should do so you can synchronize the lighting.

Otherwise, they are both budget options and both on par with each other, so pick the one that has the one or two features that the other doesn't that's more important to you.

If you don't care about the little extra features because you don't use hardware that utilizes these typically useless features for the average consumer, then pick the one you think would look cooler in you system.

I don't know what country you're in, but if the price of the AsRock B450 Pro4 ATX (not the mATX) is within reach, then I'd recommend that one probably. For me here in America the price of the ASUS is $123.91 and the Aorus Pro Wi-Fi is $123.98 but the AsRock Pro4 is $79.99 and the AsRock Fatal1ty Gaming K is $100.88 and for me the choice would be to either get the Pro4 and save some money or get the Fatal1ty and save money still but not as much money and get the awesomeness that is the Fatal1ty board.

Otherwise my choice of board is ASUS but I prefer the higher end ones.

muelltfz

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017

thanks man i got msi Gpu , will it work with asus board rgb lights? (i dont really care about rgb thogh)
i swear to myself i will never buy a asrock trash mobo, so thats a no no for me. thanks for sugesting though.
anyway i want a better mobo, better specs too, i heard that asus has a 2 times 16x pcie while aorus has only 1 im really planning to do sli on it (even though its only b450) i dont want to buy higher boards. pls give guys me more details thanks

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
SLI is useless on 10 series cards. just getting a better card for the same price will benefit you more because hardly anything supports it.

Don't waste the money, also, AsRock isn't trash. Maybe some of their budget offerings back in the day were bad but they've been good to me and a lot of other people for a long time now.

As for your RGB lighting MSI uses Mystic Lighting last I checked and that's a different software to control it. Can't truly synchronize the RGB between the two, but if going for a static lighting scheme then you can just put the different components to the same color and call it a day.

TRENDING THREADS