Question Asus ROG Strix B450-I dead?

LordTourettes

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
So I just finished putting my itx build together when I booted up it never posted and noticed only 3 of the many rgb LEDs we're on from the side of the mothbo, and they were all a constant yellow. Both my CPU fan and gpu fan we're spinning, when I power on.
Is my motherboard dead?

LordTourettes

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
So I just finished putting my itx build together when I booted up it never posted and noticed only 3 of the many rgb LEDs we're on from the side of the mothbo, and they were all a constant yellow. Both my CPU fan and gpu fan we're spinning, when I power on.
Is my motherboard dead?
My mother bored is Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

Dec 26, 2019
Detailed hardware specs for RAM, CPU, PSU
Check the memory you are using is compatible with that board
Check the CPU is compatible with that board

power down
Remove unplug all unnescesarry hardware, drives, ssd's gpu's
clear cmos (PROPERLY), after power down wait for all led's to extinguish remove battery for 20 seconds then re insert)
install 1 stick of ram in whatever slot the motherboard book tells you to use in that scenario
Check you have both power connectors connected from your PSU (8 pin and 24 pin, 2 different slots)
boot back up

.......take note of what led's are on in trhe motherboard and in what order they come on and go off. Your user handbook for the motherboard will identify what these are and if you look closely each are labelled.
Be a lot more specific when listing symptoms. "A few led's on" doesn't really tell us anything"

Is the Motherboard dead.... Answer no, you answered that yourself when you stated that LED's are on.
The LED's are a diagnosis tool, what colour they illuminate , whether they go and and off or stay on tell us a lot

LordTourettes

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2014
Detailed hardware specs for RAM, CPU, PSU
Check the memory you are using is compatible with that board
Check the CPU is compatible with that board

power down
Remove unplug all unnescesarry hardware, drives, ssd's gpu's
clear cmos (PROPERLY), after power down wait for all led's to extinguish remove battery for 20 seconds then re insert)
install 1 stick of ram in whatever slot the motherboard book tells you to use in that scenario
Check you have both power connectors connected from your PSU (8 pin and 24 pin, 2 different slots)
boot back up

.......take note of what led's are on in trhe motherboard and in what order they come on and go off. Your user handbook for the motherboard will identify what these are and if you look closely each are labelled.
Be a lot more specific when listing symptoms. "A few led's on" doesn't really tell us anything"

Is the Motherboard dead.... Answer no, you answered that yourself when you stated that LED's are on.
The LED's are a diagnosis tool, what colour they illuminate , whether they go and and off or stay on tell us a lot
I pretty much did most of every thing you mentioned, however I'm not talking about the trubble shooting LEDs I'm talking about the rgb LEDs in the side of the bored. Only 3 of the like 12 LEDs light up and they stay yellow rather than the rainbow wave they used to do.

Dec 26, 2019
have you plugged in both the power connectors to the m/board, the 8 pin cpu p[ower and the 24 pin one. I would expect at the very least a red cpu led, so that makes me think you haven't plugged in the 8 pin power connector