[SOLVED] Asus ROG STRIX b450f gaming motherboard problem

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020
i recently just built a PC with this motherboard and once i finished the build, I powered on my PC, everything turned on, the fans and everything. the LED was flashing yellow, red, then white. the pc will not boot, or my peripherals won’t power on either, the USB header is plugged into the mobo. i need help urgently.

Solution
yeah a on the mobo box it says 3rd gen ryzen ready but i can’t get my build to even boot up. the lights just keep flashing red and yellow. all of my parts completely brand new except the PSU.
i fixed the problem and my pc works perfectly, there was a red switch next to my on/off button on my PSU and i switched it down and i turned on my pc and it booted and everything is working perfectly now.

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020
Which processor, GPU and PSU ?
i have a ryzen 9 3900x, nvidia 1660 ti, LSP Ultra 750W ATX PSU. i have had the psu since around 2011 and i upgraded all my parts since i had the same problem with my older components, it may be the PSU that’s the problem, i just need a way of troubleshooting.

i have a ryzen 9 3900x, nvidia 1660 ti, LSP Ultra 750W ATX PSU. i have had the psu since around 2011 and i upgraded all my parts since i had the same problem with my older components, it may be the PSU that’s the problem, i just need a way of troubleshooting.
Are you sure that BIOS is updated for 3rd gen Ryzen because it may not support it out of the box. Should have a sticker or be otherwise stated on the packaging box.

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020
Are you sure that BIOS is updated for 3rd gen Ryzen because it may not support it out of the box. Should have a sticker or be otherwise stated on the packaging box.
yeah a on the mobo box it says 3rd gen ryzen ready but i can’t get my build to even boot up. the lights just keep flashing red and yellow. all of my parts completely brand new except the PSU.

jdc606

Commendable
May 22, 2020
i fixed the problem and my pc works perfectly, there was a red switch next to my on/off button on my PSU and i switched it down and i turned on my pc and it booted and everything is working perfectly now.

Solution