[SOLVED] Asus rog strix b550-a gaming to icue 4000x rgb front panel issues

Apr 27, 2021
So I followed the diagram and manual and all that good stuff but for some reason the front panel connectors don't go how they are supposed to. I figured out how to get the power button LEDs to work, but they aren't where the diagram wants them. Do I need different cables or something?

Solution
Unplug the PLED, Power Switch and Reset cables.

Use a flathead screwdrivers and short the Power Switch Pins. Does the system start? If it doesn't your issue is somewhere else. If it starts but doesn't start with the Power Switch cable plugged then it's a faulty button on your case.

There is no way for me to tell if you really plugged them correctly since I cannot see it. You can take a picture and upload the picture to imgur.com and use the imgur.com link here so that I can see your connections.
Apr 27, 2021
Yup, that's how I have it organized. Nothing responds like that but if I place PLED+ in the PWRBTN# slot and the PLED- in the Reset Ground, the power button lights up. I'm no computer expert so feel free to point out anything I'm just missing.

Why would you plug the PLED cable + pin in the PWRBTN# and PLED cable - pin in the Reset Ground?

Do not do vertical connections. Only horizontal and follow the picture I posted.

If it does not respond like it should please explain what is happening and/or show me a picture of it.

Apr 27, 2021
Nothing happens when I follow the diagram. The only time something happens is when I place the PLEDs in those spots. It makes the power button light up. If the PLEDs are in the correct spots it doesn't light up.

Nothing happens to what? You're not giving up enough details here.

What doesn't light up? The LED on the case? That's just a light and should light up when you start the system.

What about all the other cables? Does the Power Switch Cable start the system? Is the Reset Switch working?

It doesn't make any sense that plugging the PLED cable on the Power Switch header + Reset switch at the same time make anything works properly.

There is only one way to plug these cables and it's at their respective place. Please plug them correctly and tell me EXACTLY what is not working when you actually start the system. Not when it's turned off.

Unplug the PLED, Power Switch and Reset cables.

Use a flathead screwdrivers and short the Power Switch Pins. Does the system start? If it doesn't your issue is somewhere else. If it starts but doesn't start with the Power Switch cable plugged then it's a faulty button on your case.

There is no way for me to tell if you really plugged them correctly since I cannot see it. You can take a picture and upload the picture to imgur.com and use the imgur.com link here so that I can see your connections.

Solution

Connections. I tried starting it with the screwdriver and it didn't work, so I'm guessing I have a larger issue?

Yeah your issue is not with these cables. By looking at the picture they are plugged perfectly.

What I would do is Breadboard the system. Remove it from the case and put the motherboard on a motherboard box or something with the CPU, GPU and 1 stick of RAM installed. No drives, no case fan plugged, unplug the 3 cables from the picture. Bare minimum only. Make sure the CPU power cable, the 24pin motherboard power cable, GPU power cable (if you have a GPU and it has power connections on it). Don't forget to flip the PSU switch to on in case it's off.

Can you list your specs including the PSU brand and model?