[SOLVED] Asus rog strix B550-E or rog strix X570-F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2020
Hello guys, First of all thanks for the big effort you put here i learned so many things from u,
As it says in the tiltle im in the market for Ryzen mobo and i used to use Asus rog strix and no plans for any changes the thing is that the rog strix X570 gaming-f on sale and selling for 255 euros, the new B550 gaming-e is selling for almost the same price 260 euros, Which one should i go for ?? for me the B550 has the advantage of having wifi 6 but dont know which is better

Thanks so much.

Solution
Im getting your point but let me ask you another question.. from what i saw the also the B550-e 14+2 phases so for the power delevery should be the same as the X570-f this is truth ? also with the x570 i have to buy the wifi pci .. for those reasons i was thinking to go with the b550 instead of the x570 or there is anything else the x570 can deliver and the b550 cant ?
x570 has pci-e gen4.0,which means bigger bandwith within the pci-e lanes,and some gpus might not need 32gbs of bandwidth,but im sure it will be of major use in the future.That means faster m.2's,faster gpus and all of that will come in the future.
So heres a example:
Lets say in the next 3-4 years you buy a gpu which is designed to go on a PCI-E 4.0gen slot and...
Hello guys, First of all thanks for the big effort you put here i learned so many things from u,
As it says in the tiltle im in the market for Ryzen mobo and i used to use Asus rog strix and no plans for any changes the thing is that the rog strix X570 gaming-f on sale and selling for 255 euros, the new B550 gaming-e is selling for almost the same price 260 euros, Which one should i go for ?? for me the B550 has the advantage of having wifi 6 but dont know which is better

Thanks so much.
what cpu are you using?

Currently im using Ryzen 7 3700 and in the future im planning to upgrade to Ryzen 4 and for sure it would be the 4700 ¿¿ i mean will be the same tier CPU
x570 is the one i would go for.
I dunno its just seems to me that ryzen 7 and ryzen 9 belong on the x chipsets+considering the fact that the b550 and x570 mobos are similar in prices,there no reason for me atleast to go with b550 with r7 and r9.
X570 has more features and its better for future upgrades and stability,while b550 still has some amazing features,it still belongs to the budget ryzen pc's,which are powered by ryzen 5,not ryzen 7.

Jun 3, 2020
x570 is the one i would go for.
I dunno its just seems to me that ryzen 7 and ryzen 9 belong on the x chipsets+considering the fact that the b550 and x570 mobos are similar in prices,there no reason for me atleast to go with b550 with r7 and r9.
X570 has more features and its better for future upgrades and stability,while b550 still has some amazing features,it still belongs to the budget ryzen pc's,which are powered by ryzen 5,not ryzen 7.
Im getting your point but let me ask you another question.. from what i saw the also the B550-e 14+2 phases so for the power delevery should be the same as the X570-f this is truth ? also with the x570 i have to buy the wifi pci .. for those reasons i was thinking to go with the b550 instead of the x570 or there is anything else the x570 can deliver and the b550 cant ?

x570 has pci-e gen4.0,which means bigger bandwith within the pci-e lanes,and some gpus might not need 32gbs of bandwidth,but im sure it will be of major use in the future.That means faster m.2's,faster gpus and all of that will come in the future.
So heres a example:
Lets say in the next 3-4 years you buy a gpu which is designed to go on a PCI-E 4.0gen slot and your mobo has pci-e x16 gen 3.0 slot.
You can without a doubt put that card in there,but the pci-e 4.0 cards bandwidth would be limited since your are putting it in a weaker pci-e x16 gen slot.Same goes with the m.2's,they wont work at their full power,and what is the reason to get them if not to use them as much as you can.
The main reason i would go for x570 over b550 is future upgradability,and similar pricing.

Solution

megalolla

Prominent
Dec 4, 2018
Sorry, but why x570 ???
X570 14 phases while B550 14+2 phases !!!
X570 no wifi no Bluetooth while B550 have both wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1
x570 lan is 1 gig while the B550 have new 2.5 gig
X570 have fan chipset while the B550 don’t have any chipset fans means (quieter)
Pci 4 for m.2 the x570 have 2 while B550 have only one not a big deal
for me the B550 -E is the one to go for if your budget is a ~250€ As you get better VRM better lan and wifi6, Bluetooth if not you have to add that wifi pci to the X570 which will make it around 300€ !!

Status
Not open for further replies.