Question ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming is not detecting GPU in PCIe 4.0 slot ?

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Everyone,

When Install my GPU into the PCIe 4.0 slot of the motherboard it does not recognize it. However, when I install it in the PCIe 3.0 slot it works fine. I went back to the store thinking its a defective motherboard but the new one is doing the same thing ?

I updated the Bios for the motherboard and updated windows and I still cant get it to run on the 4.0 PCIe slot. Any ideas why it doesn't work in the 4.0 slot?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to breadboard the parts with only the bare minimum parts, one stick of ram, GPU, CPU, motherboard and boot drive. Which slot are you working with for your ram? Disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery from the board before replacing it after 30 minutes.

Mind sharing what BIOS version you're on at the moment? Can you recall what BIOS version you were on prior to the update?

Mar 3, 2021
So I took out the battery for 30+ min and ran one ram card in the 1st slot and nothing changed. I normally have my ram in sots 1 & 3.

I have the latest BIOS version 1804. I do not recall what BIOS version the motherboard came with.

TRENDING THREADS