[SOLVED] Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming PC Stuck on Press DEL or F2 For bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2020
I made my new gaming PC and booted it up for the first time, everything turns on and all the RGB is on, it booted on my Monitor but is stuck on the ROG "press del or F2 to enter bios" screen and I press the keys and it doesn't work. The keyboard works as I press CRTL, ALT, DELETE to reset the loop. I've tried resetting it, flushing power from the pc, changing the USB Keyboard port from the front panel to on the motherboard panel. Anyone please help, going to have to shamefully take it into a PC place for them to fix it up and get it working.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and try to help me :D
Have a great day

System Specs:
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-F wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI Gaming x Trio RTX 3080
AIO: Cooler master Masterliquid 240L V2 RGB
PSU: Corsair 750 Rmx
Case: Cooler Master Masterbox TD500 ARGB
RAM; Trident z Neo 8gbx2 DDR4 3600 Cl16
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus 1 tb

Last edited:
Reactions: KenPinBowling
Solution
How were you able to do the BIOS Flashback successfully? In the video you linked the person pressed the flashback button for 3 seconds and then it lit up, but my friend is using a B550-A Gaming motherboard (white version of B550-f Gaming) and when he presses the flashback button the LED's do NOT light up. At all. He's in exactly the same boat as Evaise and I've tried, unsuccessfully, to flashback, but it just hasn't worked at all for some reason.
Just found the fix after reading the manual. You actually have to shut the computer down (?) BEFORE pressing the bios flashback button for it to work. See page 46 of the manual here...
Nov 17, 2020
Full system specs?
Mobo: Asus Rog Strix B550-F wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: MSI Gaming x Trio RTX 3080
AIO: Cooler master Masterliquid 240L V2 RGB
PSU: Corsair 750 Rmx
Case: Cooler Master Masterbox TD500 ARGB
RAM; Trident z Neo 8gbx2 DDR4 3600 Cl16
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo plus 1 tb

Random_tech

Honorable
Aug 24, 2015
Im not sure if you have solved it, but i had the same issue with the same motherboard with a 5900x. Turns out updating the bios to the latest (beta in my case) fixed the issue.

It seemed to be an issue with slightly incompatible ram with the version of bios that came flashed on the boad.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Nov 17, 2020
Im not sure if you have solved it, but i had the same issue with the same motherboard with a 5900x. Turns out updating the bios to the latest (beta in my case) fixed the issue.

It seemed to be an issue with slightly incompatible ram with the version of bios that came flashed on the boad.
Hey there, no I haven't solved it. how do I update the bios if I cant enter it though? i tried doing bios flashback but it doesn't seem to be working

Nov 20, 2020
Yeah, just remove all that stuff for the moment. The orange light is a general indication that something is wrong with the ram. In my case it was that the bios didn't support it.
How were you able to do the BIOS Flashback successfully? In the video you linked the person pressed the flashback button for 3 seconds and then it lit up, but my friend is using a B550-A Gaming motherboard (white version of B550-f Gaming) and when he presses the flashback button the LED's do NOT light up. At all. He's in exactly the same boat as Evaise and I've tried, unsuccessfully, to flashback, but it just hasn't worked at all for some reason.

Nov 20, 2020
Just found the fix after reading the manual. You actually have to shut the computer down (?) BEFORE pressing the bios flashback button for it to work. See page 46 of the manual here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...6610_ROG_STRIX_B550-F_GAMING_WI-FI_UM_WEB.pdf

TO CLARIFY: You have to have the drive you're using for bios flashback to be formatted in MBR instead of GUID for some reason, and in Fat32. I wasn't able to get this to work in windows as it
caused my drive to not be recognised, so what I had to do instead was plug the drive into my mac, format it as an MBR with ExFat (FAT32 isn't supported on mac for some reason), plug it back into my windows device, then format it as fat32 there, which worked.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.