Question Asus ROG Strix B550 F-Gaming wifi vs MSI B550 Tomahawk need help

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
Hi,
Im deciding what motherboard to get with my ryzen 3600 and later on probably 5900x or anything newer from the latest AM4 before the AM5.
I was already certain to go with the asus, but I've read some topics about RAM XMP issues. I will be using 2x16GB 3200MHz CL16 or 3600 MHz CL17 kingston Hyper FuryX or Predator.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...P-Profile-problem-Can-t-tune-RAM-s-to-3600Mhz
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1254019-ram-issues-zen-2-asus-b550-f-gaming-3600mhz-crucial/
So which motherboard would you pick, for better stability and other features ? I will answer for more specific questions of course regarding my use/requirements. I've read that Asus one doesn't have VRM thermal sensor, no PCIe thermal sensor, no B550 chipset sensor. The VRM is also worse than in MSI ?
I like the that MSI has more fan headers, would Asus handle 2x140mm fans with a y-splitter okey so I can plug more than 4 fans ?

Lutfij

Titan
If you're going to upgrade to the 5000 series later, get the 3600MHz ram kits. I'd pick either one, if you're interested to know which one I'd pick, it'd be the Asus board since MSI tends to make a mess of things with BIOS updates and their M.2 slots.

Pick up a PWM fan hub to plug more than one fan.

BunnyKraken

Commendable
Dec 17, 2020
If you're going to upgrade to the 5000 series later, get the 3600MHz ram kits. I'd pick either one, if you're interested to know which one I'd pick, it'd be the Asus board since MSI tends to make a mess of things with BIOS updates and their M.2 slots.

Pick up a PWM fan hub to plug more than one fan.

Thanks for you quick reply, i've read that asus has better bios/software but im still hesitant how big of an issue the RAM/XMP is with it.

Secondly thanks for your tip for the FAN hub, i've always used the MOBO fan header slots or molex.So how would you connect (fractal design/noctua fans).
I plan to use my Fractal design S2 case so: 2x 140mm top fans, 3x 140mm front fans, 1x 140mm rear fan and additionally 1x 140mm bottom fan.

Should I use the Fan hub for all fans, or could I just use the Y-Splitters so that
2 top fans are with one y-splitter (1 fan header used) 2x front fans with y-splitter( 1x fan header used) 1x front fan straight to mobo(1x fan header used) rear fan straight to mobo (1x fan header used), and how about the bottom fan ?