[SOLVED] ASUS ROG STRIX b550 F VS ASUS ROG STRIX X570

RagedAPE

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Good afternoon

I need help on choosing a board please.

My system will be 3080 Rog Strix / 5800x / 980 pro 1tb / 16gb 3600mhz vengeance ram / 850w gold corsair rmx PSU / corsair h100i AIO.

With all that in mind I am still yet to decide on the motherboard, my uses will be strictly gaming at 240hz highest FPS possible for esports titles.

I do not know what motherboard I need to get out of the b550 strix or x570 Strix. Since I am just gaming will the b550 be perfectly fine or will I see some improvement with the x570, taking into account the new games that are coming out in the PS5 era.

Please help me choose the right board.

Kind regards,

Ape

Solution
Ok, that works.

So, honestly, either of those are fine. Personally, I'd probably choose the B550-F over the X570-F simply because I don't like the irritating pitch and tone of the chipset fan found on the X570 models, which is not present (No chipset fan coolers needed) on the B550 models.
ROG Strix X570 isn't an actual model number. What IS the actual model number of the X570 board you are looking at as an option?

B550 Strix isn't a model number either, so it would be helpful for you to not refer to them like that. ASUS B550-F is the model, and that's how you should refer to it. Strix, TUF, ROG, etc. are simply descriptors related to what family or series of boards that particular model is part of, but it doesn't tell us what model it actually is without the rest.

Ok, that works.

So, honestly, either of those are fine. Personally, I'd probably choose the B550-F over the X570-F simply because I don't like the irritating pitch and tone of the chipset fan found on the X570 models, which is not present (No chipset fan coolers needed) on the B550 models.

Reactions: RagedAPE
Solution