[SOLVED] ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming Networking issue?

cogsman

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020
All references are to download speeds on wired connections, using unmanaged gigabit switches throughout the home.

I'm running a Ryzen 9 5900X with 32GB of ram on an ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming MB. My Internet speed is supposed to be 100mb/s down.

When using Ookla Speedtest and Bell Internet Speed Test (I am in Ontario Canada) from this computer, I am registering about 75mb/s and 59mb/s respectively.

When I access my modem and do an included modem speed test directly, I am getting from 92 to 98mb/s, which is what I expect. My Android box using Ookla to test is registering 100mb/s as well. My wife's computer using an ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming MB with an intel i7-6700 is reporting 100mb/s.

I am using the most current Intel I225 LAN driver version 1.0.2.8 on my computer.

Any ideas why this discrepancy is occurring? It seems that at the very least, my machine is unable to access the full speed of the modem. It doesn't look like it's an issue on the rest of my local network, or with the Internet connection itself. Before I start reinstalling drivers, I wanted to get some opinions.

Solution
All references are to download speeds on wired connections, using unmanaged gigabit switches throughout the home.

I'm running a Ryzen 9 5900X with 32GB of ram on an ASUS ROG Strix B550-i Gaming MB. My Internet speed is supposed to be 100mb/s down.

When using Ookla Speedtest and Bell Internet Speed Test (I am in Ontario Canada) from this computer, I am registering about 75mb/s and 59mb/s respectively.

When I access my modem and do an included modem speed test directly, I am getting from 92 to 98mb/s, which is what I expect. My Android box using Ookla to test is registering 100mb/s as well. My wife's computer using an ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming MB with an intel i7-6700 is reporting 100mb/s.

I am using the most current Intel I225 LAN...

kanewolf

Titan

I am using the most current Intel I225 LAN driver version 1.0.2.8 on my computer.

Any ideas why this discrepancy is occurring? It seems that at the very least, my machine is unable to access the full speed of the modem. It doesn't look like it's an issue on the rest of my local network, or with the Internet connection itself. Before I start reinstalling drivers, I wanted to get some opinions.
That motherboard has the Intel 225 2.5Gb ethernet adapter. There have been lots of problems with that device -- https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...057261/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html I would start by getting the latest driver from the Intel website -- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/184676/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-I225-V

Solution

cogsman

Prominent
Dec 27, 2020