Question ASUS ROG STRIX B660-F GAMING WIFI + The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

Willhelm_

Reputable
Jun 22, 2019
Hi there!

I'm in a middle of picking my parts for a new build and I've decided to go new gen with DDR5.

I have a used cooler "The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280" and I was wondering if it is compatible with the picked motherboard "ASUS ROG STRIX B660-F GAMING WIFI"

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

The 660-i and 660-g are on arctic list of ones that have issues.

It would be nice if they would more clearly update this. Some it only affects the older revisions of the cooler before they changed the design slightly. They used to say remove the back cover of the pump.

Your board is a full size atx and the m.2 slot heat sink is farther away from the cpu. I think that is what was blocking on those boards.

............so I hadn't check list list in a few months. Seems they have added a lot of the new z790 and b760 devices so that likely means you board is fine.

Willhelm_

Reputable
Jun 22, 2019
Thanks. This was the response from their support on facebook:

Hi Vilmos, the mentioned Board should be compatible. The distances between mounting holes and nearby components is far enough and you should mount the Pump easily. Make sure using the correct manual for the included parts, use the sticky washers on both sides from the board as the manual suggests and don´t forget to set the limit for the P/E cores as they are set to unlimited energy consumption in the Bios. Best regards Arctic GmbH - Service