[SOLVED] ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX™ 3080 OC flashing red lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpsonbrian52

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
Just Bought a new computer from cyberpower. Right out of the box issues with the video card. The second I run any game or any type of significant load on the card 1 to 3 blinking red lights over the power connectors begin flashing and will not stop until all power is cut from the computer. I have not noticed any game issues just the lights. All topics I look up say that the lights indicate power is not reliable getting to the card but cyberpower claims the system passes all test I even sent it back to them to test it. I know this can not possible be correct.

Case- Cooler Master MasterBox MB500 RGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Mother Board- GIGABYTE X570 UD
Processor- AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
Ram- 32 Gigs
Video Card- ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX™ 3080 OC
POWERSUPPLY- 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply

Lutfij

Titan
800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
you're going to have to open the side panel and see what the make and model of the unit is. The info given only states the wattage, not the quality of the unit. The blinking lights are a sign that the PSU is having issues delivering power of that the card isn't getting the power it needs.

simpsonbrian52

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply
you're going to have to open the side panel and see what the make and model of the unit is. The info given only states the wattage, not the quality of the unit. The blinking lights are a sign that the PSU is having issues delivering power of that the card isn't getting the power it needs.

It difficult to acquire this info. I have a side question. Is it possible That the amount of peripherals plugged in at once can have anything To do with this?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It difficult to acquire this info. I have a side question. Is it possible That the amount of peripherals plugged in at once can have anything To do with this?
1)All you have to do is take a picture of the specs label on the unit, and you'll have all the info Lutfj is asking for.

2)No. RTX 30 series has a power efficiency problem. It sucks, and even some 'gold rated' power supplies have trouble responding to the high transient power spikes from the blasted gpus.
To try and keep it simple: It's not that the wattage isn't sufficient, but the quality of the components inside the current psu are not up to par for that card.

Reactions: simpsonbrian52

simpsonbrian52

Honorable
Apr 18, 2015
1)All you have to do is take a picture of the specs label on the unit, and you'll have all the info Lutfj is asking for.

2)No. RTX 30 series has a power efficiency problem. It sucks, and even some 'gold rated' power supplies have trouble responding to the high transient power spikes from the blasted gpus.
To try and keep it simple: It's not that the wattage isn't sufficient, but the quality of the components inside the current psu are not up to par for that card.

Thank you sir.

The power supply Is incased within its own enclosure inside the case. Due to a new born and a 2 year old a detailed tear down is low on the priorities. But greatly appreciate the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.