[SOLVED] Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC vs Galax GeForce RTX 2060 1-Click OC

Sep 14, 2019
Galax's is cheaper compare to Asus's but which one should i get because the Asus's has more DisplayPort and HDMI, and it runs just a bit better than Galax

Solution
Do you need 2x HDMI 2.0 and 2x DP?
If not, the Galax has ample outputs (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DP & 1x DVI-D).

Ultimately, with a half decent cooling solution, a 2060 is a 2060. Slight clock/temperature/noise variations aren't going to make any real difference in performance. I would expect the dual fan solution to be a little louder than the triple fan setup of the Strix, but that's a tradeoff in terms of price....

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Do you need 2x HDMI 2.0 and 2x DP?
If not, the Galax has ample outputs (1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DP & 1x DVI-D).

Ultimately, with a half decent cooling solution, a 2060 is a 2060. Slight clock/temperature/noise variations aren't going to make any real difference in performance. I would expect the dual fan solution to be a little louder than the triple fan setup of the Strix, but that's a tradeoff in terms of price....

Solution

Irisena

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
forget about the RTX 2060. what you want is RTX 2060 SUPER. cost a wee bit more, but gives way more performance. Also, GPU model don't really matter that much (unless it's blower type then it's <Mod Edit>). you can choose the one you like the most appearance wise, and that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 14, 2019
forget about the RTX 2060. what you want is RTX 2060 SUPER. cost a wee bit more, but gives way more performance. Also, GPU model don't really matter that much (unless it's blower type then it's <Mod Edit>). you can choose the one you like the most appearance wise, and that's it.
but the thing is that i have a i5-8400 for my processor, can it handle it tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
i have the price at stores so no problems for me

I didn't mean that you might not have the prices, you're asking what makes the most sense - and that depends on the prices you're looking at.

For example, if the Galax is $2 cheaper than the Strix, I'd opt for the Strix. If it's $50 cheaper, that's a different situation.

Equally, if you're comparing the Galax & the Strix, and both are overpriced for what they are, maybe a 2060Super, or 5700/5700XT is available at similar money.

but the thing is that i have a i5-8400 for my processor, can it handle it tho

An i5-8400 will pair well with any GPU mentioned thus far.

Sep 14, 2019
I didn't mean that you might not have the prices, you're asking what makes the most sense - and that depends on the prices you're looking at.

For example, if the Galax is $2 cheaper than the Strix, I'd opt for the Strix. If it's $50 cheaper, that's a different situation.

Equally, if you're comparing the Galax & the Strix, and both are overpriced for what they are, maybe a 2060Super, or 5700/5700XT is available at similar money.

An i5-8400 will pair well with any GPU mentioned thus far.
In the store the galax is 100 dollar cheaper than the strix and they don't have 2060 super so I'm buying the galax which is about 280 dollar

Sent from my STK-L22 using Tapatalk