ASUS ROG Strix GL553VE 1050ti Laptop HDMI Scrolling Screen Tearing - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
I've tried numerous different alternative ways to try to fix the issue with my ASUS Laptop HDMI out to a 24" AOC display screen tearing, It seems the only time it starts to tear is when the screen moves & the Tear slowly scrolls up the screen..?

the laptop screen is fine its only the external display.

I tried turning on and off Vsync in the Nvidia control panel, changing cables, changing display in port, messing with the controls on the screen..

Please help..

Thank you

djesmit

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
Have you tried adjusting the resolution on of the game on your laptop? Mabye try running it in a window on your laptop and see if that smooths anything out. You should be able to make it a borderless window so you won't lose any screensize if that's what your going for using a monitor with a laptop.

ccoo84

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Thanks man, once I ran them in windowed the rolling tearing seems to be dissipated for now making life easier I tried 2 games Diablo 3 & Fallout New Vegas, & it worked I first noticed the problem in Oblivion.. I wonder why it does that..

Just for curiosity is there a reason you thought of windowed? Have you ran into a similar problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.