Question ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS-DS74 17.3 Shutting Down

animationbruno

Commendable
Jun 12, 2018
Hi,

My ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS-DS74 17.3, is shutting down for the past year. The technician that is trying to solve the problem for the past year said that he finally found out what was going on.

Originally, this model of laptop from Asus comes with 16gb DDR 2400Mhz of Ram. The first day I bought this laptop I bought also 16gb DDR4 2400 brand Crucial memory. So the total memory of the laptop was 32gb.

The technician said that the problem is that this memory that I bought on my own has a voltage: 1.2v . And the motherboard and the whole system is not prepared and suited for this kind of ram. He said that the original memory that comes with the laptop is a Ram without voltage.

He said that the laptop wouldn't start showing problems right away. But this voltage would slowly overcharge the system and damage something. My laptop started showing problems 6 months after I bought it.

I would like to use this forum to confirm if that makes sense and he is not trying to blame something that isn't for the problem because he really doesn't know what it is.

Thanks
Bruno.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS