[SOLVED] Asus Rog Strix H370F + intel 9th Gen compatibility

wookiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I am currently going through the process of upgrading my rig and I have bought an i5 9400f and an Asus Rog Strix H370F. I know that the mobo was made for 8th gen processors, so I am wondering if the manufacturers will send out the board with the bios already updated as it been out for a while . Or will I have to update the bios myself? thanks.

Solution
Impossible to be absolutely sure but since the relevant BIOS upate for i5-9400F support (Version 1101) was released December 2018 I'd be very surprised if new board wasn't already at or above that.

On a separate issue - - please edit your signature to remove the four-letter word. THF is a family-oriented forum so we like to keep it clean --- thanks.
Impossible to be absolutely sure but since the relevant BIOS upate for i5-9400F support (Version 1101) was released December 2018 I'd be very surprised if new board wasn't already at or above that.

On a separate issue - - please edit your signature to remove the four-letter word. THF is a family-oriented forum so we like to keep it clean --- thanks.

Solution