[SOLVED] Asus Rog Strix Laptop bootable usb

darthkazuya

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2013
Brand new laptop Asus Rog Strix , i cant get it to recognize my bootable usb ,it doesnt have many options in the BIOS(version 305), Boot list is also empty.... I will provide any information needed for whoever is willing to helpme !!!

Solution
FIXED! Whoever has issues with this. Make sure you make the usb NTFS, PLUG IN THE USB WHILE YOURE LOOKING AT THE BOOT LOADING SCREEN! , Mash ESACPE BUTTON , you will see the USB listed , just press it. I am so happy

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Make a clean bootable USB.
If making one for Windows 10, use the Media Creation Tool downloaded from Microsoft website.

If doing Linux use a program called Rufus.

Open command prompt as admin on another Windows PC.

Type the following and press the ENTER/RETURN key after each line.

Diskpart

List disk

Select Disk #
(# being the number of the flash drive)

Clean

Create partition primary

Select partition 1

Active

Format quick fs=fat32

Assign

Now close command prompt and use whichever program for creating a bootable installer or live USB.

Reactions: darthkazuya

darthkazuya

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2013
Ive done this. Except the part where i could not use the Windows Creation Tool, since my USB is only 8gb it wont let me. But with rufus i can. Tried both GPT and MBR schemes NTFS and FAT32. It wont recognize any. But the weirdest thing is that the boot order is completely empty even tho the laptop has two hard disks on it.

darthkazuya

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2013
FIXED! Whoever has issues with this. Make sure you make the usb NTFS, PLUG IN THE USB WHILE YOURE LOOKING AT THE BOOT LOADING SCREEN! , Mash ESACPE BUTTON , you will see the USB listed , just press it. I am so happy

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Glad that you got the issue sorted, however, having to do what you did to get things to work seems like an issue in and of itself.

Can you try to see if you can update the BIOS?
It's possible your current BIOS version has a bug that causes this to happen.