[SOLVED] ASUS ROG STRIX LC 120...?

Dealman

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2014
Seen my local shop selling one of these and am considering returning my Noctua NH-D15 for one of these. The D15 is great and all but it's a wee bit too big for my liking.

However I can't find any reviews whatsoever about these, only ASUS's Ryuo and Ryujin coolers. Anyone know if this one is any good? Or are the 120mm radiator AIO's not even worth considering?

I've got an Intel i7 7700k and am looking to get my noise levels down while also maintaining decent temperatures. I made the mistake of buying two of Noctua's IndustrialPPC 140mm fans to use for intake kind of underestimating how strong and noisy those leaf blowers really are...

I currently have to use SpeedFan to limit my intake fans via my GPU temperature instead of the CPU temperature because the CPU temps are fluctuating a lot between 30-60*C even at idle. And I can't tell if it's because of my motherboard being bad, me switching to the D15 or what.

Dealman

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2014
The d15 will outperform any 120mm aio, and is on par with 240mm. I would make sure the d15 is making good contact with the cpu.

The D15 is making good contact. At first I used Arctic Silver MX-2 but I re-did it using the thermal paste provided by Noctua but the result is the same, applied a little bit more paste the 2nd time.

The D15 I can only use one fan with, it wasn't as good a fit with my build as I thought it'd be. And if I rotate it, it'll mess up airflow a bit I reckon.

I've never used a 120mm radiator, only 240mm and 320mm so I've no idea if or how good they are. Especially the one I mentioned as I can't find any reviews about it.

Edit:

I tried looking at a Corsair 120mm AIO for a point of reference and it was very similar to the D15. ASUS claims their 120mm AIO has a fair bit higher airflow, though.

So maybe I'll have to try it and make my own review... :unsure:

If it fails, the Noctua leaf blowers will surely take care of any temperature issues :LOL:

TRENDING THREADS