Review Asus ROG Strix Scar 17 SE (G733) Review: Practical, Pretty, and Powerful

Sleepy_Hollowed

Honorable
Jan 1, 2017
Wow, this is truly an amazing bang for the buck, and to be honest, the no camera option is perfect for a lot of places where they need laptops like that, or just people that'd rather not have it for privacy.

This is on the top two on my list of windows laptops.

Tom Sunday

Commendable
Jul 24, 2020
As configured for a cool $3,500 I expected far better specifications (future proofing) throughout like offering 64GB DDR5 of memory at 6800 MHz. Then doubling the storage in the in two SSD slots to 4TB with Samsung Pro's! Stellar frame rates at 1080p? Nobody who spends this kind of money on a laptop uses 1080p and usually has a 4K capable curved widescreen monitor sitting at home for ease and the big gaming picture.

It’s also a bit late in the game buying such a premium laptop so very close to the new generation hitting the market in a few months. Surely as of late ASUS also realized a very good buy on the outgoing 3090ti for even more and immediate profit. The bottom heat transfer of the Scar recording 136 degrees Fahrenheit is disappointing and will thus not be sitting pretty in my lap flying between NYC and LA. Asus sells the Scar 17 SE with a one-year limited warranty which for the price should be doubled (extended) as well. Perhaps COSTCO will be selling the Scar sometime soon and a 2-year warranty will automatically be made available. Thus for me October and November of 2022 cannot come ealy enough.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY