[SOLVED] Asus ROG STRIX X-570-E no POST

Jan 24, 2021
Can I be that unlucky to be a complete new build set of parts and get a faulty Motherboard and CPU?

Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX X-570-E
CPU - RYZEN 7 3700X
RAM - 64Mb (4x16) T-Force DDR4 DELTA RGB 3600MHz CL 18-22-22-42 1.35V
SSD - AORUS Gen4 SSD 1TB GP-AG41TB
PSU - Corsair RM850X
GPU - EVGA GEFORCE GTX960

1.The motherboard would not reach POST no Beeps, no QLED's, QCODE did not move from 00, none of the fancy onboard LED lit up. After resetting the CMOS the CPU fan started spinning which was a bonus?
2.Ordered a replacement motherboard
  1. replacement motherboard has the fancy on board LED lighting up so I though I was on for a resolution, alas the system will still not complete the POST, no QLED's or movement on the QCODE's, again had to reset the CMOS to get the CPU fan spinning. Also tried updating to the latest BIOS, but still no POST
  2. GPU works fine in another PC.
  3. no other PC to check the SSD
  4. PSU from another PC made no difference (although the new PSU caused a problem with the old PSU, EFI Shell problem, but it did go past POST)
  5. Can not check RAM in another PC, but totally removing from the PC causes no Beeps or QLED errors

Can the CPU really also be faulty ??

Solution
NO responses here..., however problem resolved. It would appear I can be unlucky to have brand new faulty motherboard and CPU. Purchased another CPU while sending back the original Ryzen 7 3700X and all worked fine. It is a bit annoying that the connection of the CPU was enough to allow the board to start powering up, but not show the CPU Q-LED which would have flagged a fault with the CPU.

Note, as a further comment the build is including a CIT Master gaming PC case. This case comes with no wiring instructions or manual and a search of the internet found very little This has 2 x in-built fans with addressable RGB linked with 2x LED strips via some sort of header in the front of the case. These would not sync with AURA. To resolve...
Jan 24, 2021
NO responses here..., however problem resolved. It would appear I can be unlucky to have brand new faulty motherboard and CPU. Purchased another CPU while sending back the original Ryzen 7 3700X and all worked fine. It is a bit annoying that the connection of the CPU was enough to allow the board to start powering up, but not show the CPU Q-LED which would have flagged a fault with the CPU.

Note, as a further comment the build is including a CIT Master gaming PC case. This case comes with no wiring instructions or manual and a search of the internet found very little This has 2 x in-built fans with addressable RGB linked with 2x LED strips via some sort of header in the front of the case. These would not sync with AURA. To resolve there is a LED button on the case. Cycling through made no difference, just changing colours or patterns which I assume are controlled by the PC case header. However if the LED button is depressed and held for a few seconds then the Aura Sync process completes. Next step is to count the number of LED's pre-installed in the case to proprly configure/sync on patterned Aura effects.

Problem solved.

Solution