Question Asus rog strix x470 + G Skill ISSUE

Sep 11, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have an asus rog strix x470 and a pair of g skill trident z rgb ( 8 gb each ) model number F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
If I place the modules in the manual suggested slots (A2 B2) I get an orange light and no display. If I place them in A1 A2 everything works fine. Ive tried every combination and the only place that pc actually works is this one.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Well that isn't good.
If they don't work in slot A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 then they will be running in single channel mode.
What BIOS version are you currently using?
I strongly recommend that you install just one stick in Slot A2 and run Memtest86 on it.
If it passes without any errors then remove it and test the other stick in slot A2.
If either stick shows errors in Memtest86 then RMA them.
G.Skill has a Great warranty policy.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2
Sep 11, 2019
Well that isn't good.
If they don't work in slot A1 and B1 or A2 and B2 then they will be running in single channel mode.
What BIOS version are you currently using.?
Im on bios version 5216 its all freshly installed today new cpu fresh operating system forgot to back everything up :( im running out of options.

I agree not good.
We have the same board.
Have you tried clearing cmos?
Would do as the guys have suggested with memtest86 if everything is good then call asus.
I definitely found out the 5204 bios was not for me running a 2600x.
If i can help it i won't be updating to the 5216 bios or higher till i put a 3000 series on it.

What ever you do don't try reverting the bios back there have been attempts which ended up Bricking the board.

Sep 11, 2019
Please list your specs.
And how long have your had this or is this a new build?
If new where did you purchase you parts from Newegg, Amazon. Micro Center?
Yes i have trted clearing cmos.
Build is ryzen 7 2700, gigabyte 1060 6gb g1 gaming
The build is just under a year old.
Parts are from very, littlewoods,and ccl computers

From Where you purchased the mobo , What kind of a return policy do they have?
At Micro Center you have 15 days to return for refund or exchange after that you deal with the manufacturers.
Also try Asus Tech support very soon before any such return policy expires where you purchased the board.

Sep 11, 2019
From Where you purchased the mobo , What kind of a return policy do they have?
At Micro Center you have 15 days to return for refund or exchange after that you deal with the manufacturers.
Also try Asus Tech support very soon before any such return policy expires where you purchased the board.
I have jist been intouch with the company i got the ram from they have done a returns for me so ill update you all whwn i hear back thanks for everyones help

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2