[SOLVED] ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming Won't Post On First Power Up

Dec 14, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Got a mobo not posting so can;t get into BIOS to proceed with build.

Parts: Mobo: Asus Rog Stix x470-I Gaming CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X Cooler: Stock Wraith Prism DRAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16 PSU: Corsair RM 750x

Symptoms: - Just no action on screen at all upon power up. Monitor connected to mobo HDMI port, not GPU. Connections tight and it works with other machines. - mobo has power. All fans work and I have one of two leds that says it's powered. the 2nd led that provides color hints as to what issue may be does not light up at all, so i can't even get info as to what root source might be such as VGA (white), DRAM (yellow), or CPU (red). - RGB works on mobo and Ryzen Wraith Prism - All fans up and running X3 - no audio at power cycle, just silence. no beeps

Steps Taken: - double checked monitor is OK on other machine - double/triple checked pins, nothing bent all good. - cpu plopped right in the socket no issues, lever was down and secured both times. - pulled gpu. for grins i tried to get monitor up on gpu as well same result, nothing. - pulled mobo and did everything all over again, including cleaning CPU and cooler with Alcohol and re-seating - leds and systems connectors ok both times. I get lights on back of mobo for audio - Called Asus. Memory is not listed but if that was issue I should get a yellow light right? They walked me through some things to check like the pins but they had no further suggestions.

Any suggestions?

If I RMA do I send RAM back as well? I dont have any spares to test if that is the issue.

Thank You

BC

Solution
It sounds like you've been pretty thorough...
If you have tried removing everything so it's just cpu and ram... and then swapped the ram to try both slots.... or obviously if you have two sticks of ram, tried with both using one stick at a time.... AND assuming you have ruled out the power supply by testing that....
Then you have a problem...
I would RMA both.... It would suck to get a new motherboard to find out it was the ram all along...

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
It sounds like you've been pretty thorough...
If you have tried removing everything so it's just cpu and ram... and then swapped the ram to try both slots.... or obviously if you have two sticks of ram, tried with both using one stick at a time.... AND assuming you have ruled out the power supply by testing that....
Then you have a problem...
I would RMA both.... It would suck to get a new motherboard to find out it was the ram all along...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS