Question Asus rog strix-x470 not detecting NVME

Jul 22, 2019
Hello,

I'm building a new pc setup, and currently I'm trying to install Windows 10 trough a bootable usb into my Samsung 907 evo plus.

My mobo seems unable to detect the NVME, because I can't see any info about it in the BIOS. Also, when I boot from the usb, Windows 10 installer cannot find it either.

I've seen a lot of threads trying to solve this problem but in my case nothing seems to work.

- I've tried to plug an unplug the nvme, and also tested it with the 2 M.2 that comes with the mobo.

- I've tried to clean the CMOS and update to the latest BIOS.

-Disabling CSM, set secure boot option to "other OS" and clearing secure boot keys.

Has anyone been trough the same problem?

It will be very helpful if someone can shed light on the problem.

Thank you,

Jul 22, 2019
Which slot are you populating on the board with your NVMe drive? have you tried disconnecting all other storage devices from the board, removing the CMOS battery and then replacing the battery after 30 minutes?

I'm populating on the M2_1 slot, but i've also tried in the M2_2. I don't have any other storage devices connected to the mobo.

I will try to remove the CMOS battery and see if it works.

thanks for the reply.

Jul 22, 2019
Ok, I removed the CMOS battery for 30 minutes and nothing seems to change.

Bios still unable to detect my NVMe. I don't know if this could be helpful, but the NVMe storage warms up, like if it would be doing something.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide to installation of NVMe storage in this thread:

Reactions: shockwaved17
Jul 22, 2019
Thanks Calvin7 for your answer.

I already did all you mentioned but nothing worked.

But not really sure why now works. I populated the driver on M2_2 again and now is working fine, Windows installer is able to recognize it. Seems that I forgot to use the motherboard support standoff for the NVMe.

Anyway, thanks you all for helping me!

Regards.