[SOLVED] Asus ROG Strix X570-E Unknown Device issue.

shang005

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Hi all,

I am having a problem with my ROG Strix X570-E, after installing the below drivers, an "Unknown Device" shows up under Other Devices category in my Device Management.

This only happened AFTER I removed the Realtek audio drivers, and when I installed them again (Provided by ASUS Support site), the Unknown Device showed up again.

Fairly certain it is audio related, as I went into the property of this device, and under "Location:" it said "on Realtek (R) Audio

- Under Device status it indicates "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Solution
Right click on that device and select to 'uninstall the device'. When done, restart the computer. Windows will identify the device and install appropriate drivers if needed. Either that or it will disappear, meaning it was something left over from the uninstall/reinstall of sound drivers.

You might also benefit from this thread:

It appears many people are getting sound drivers messed up on their Asus mobo's. MoKiChu has prepared a way to clean up and then cleanly install them with the DTS enhancement extensions appropriate to your motherboard.
Right click on that device and select to 'uninstall the device'. When done, restart the computer. Windows will identify the device and install appropriate drivers if needed. Either that or it will disappear, meaning it was something left over from the uninstall/reinstall of sound drivers.

It appears many people are getting sound drivers messed up on their Asus mobo's. MoKiChu has prepared a way to clean up and then cleanly install them with the DTS enhancement extensions appropriate to your motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: shang005
Solution

shang005

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

The instructions from the ASUS thread resolved it.

Thank you!