Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming Motherboard Review: Right-Priced RGB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpe1701

Honorable
@termathor- they still haven't had an update to fix the broken ai suite app either. It was broken after the spectre/meltdown windows patch came out. It contains the fan control software so I had to find a new way or use the BIOS.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

OK, we got the patched firmware tested on the next Asus board, Z370-F. Unfortunately, adding the windows patches breaks some of our benchmarks. We're producing an entirely fresh software installation with all the recent patches installed, probably to be used in the next Z-series platform launch. Adding it at this point would make it impossible to compare previously-tested Z370 to new Z370 samples.

hendrickhere

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
I used this in my new build and I'm pretty happy with it. Compared to the competition it's features...looked like the competition. Aesthetically it's quite nice looking and the RBGs aren't over the top. The M.2 shield is a nice touch, however, one of the screws was stripped so I couldn't easily remove it and had to use the M.2 slot below the CPU. It's probably just as well though as the M.2 under the shield is directly under the GPU anyway.

Pure-Soul

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
What about the Audio and Microphone quality?
I had faced a lack of mic quality in the past with some of ROG motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.