Asus rog strix z370-F Gaming => AsRock z390 extreme 4 worth it?

Nov 29, 2018
Hi all! 3 weeks ago i made a new build with an i5 8600k + cryorig H7 quad lumi with an Asus rog strix z370-F Gaming ,

I really like the design but i'm not very happy with the adaptive voltage and instable temperature and voltage variations on it... And i read many negative comments about rog strix gaming motherboards on some forums too...

A friend of mine offered me an ASrock z390 extreme 4 and i know these are good motherboards with nice OC capabilities

Do you think i should replace the asus f-gaming (and try to sell it) with the asrock z390 extreme4 ? Worth it?

Sorry for my english

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2018
Hi! I replaced the asus z370-f gaming by the asrock z390 extreme4 and i'm a bit surprised because under "realbench" stress test, my temps are higher than those i had with te asus...

I can't find an adaptive voltage option in the asrock, just auto, fixed or offset...

I tried these settings:

Fixed mode 4.7ghz on all cores

voltage 1.200

LLC level 1 or 2

And i reach 95° on realbench stress test vs 85° max with the asus z370-f gaming at same cpu speed but with adaptive voltage...

I don't know why such a big temperature difference... Maybe a bad thermal paste application?

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS