Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E or Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA?

Dec 4, 2018
I've been researching for a new build and have narrowed my mobo choices to these two. They are the same price and have relatively similar specs so I can't tell a big difference besides the aesthetics tbh. Could anyone give me advice on which would be better?

PC Specs:
NZXT - H700i
NZXT - Kraken M22
Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz
MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB GAMING X TRIO
EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750 W
Corsair - Vengeance 16 GB DDR4-3000
Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB

Lutfij

Titan
Do you really need an ATX board? Will you take advantage of all the PCIe slots on the board? If no, then might want to look at a smaller form factor build. If it's between these two boards and form factor doesn't bother you(or you'd like to stick to ATX) then the Asus gets my vote. FYI, you can work with a Z370 board, there's no rule stating you need to get a Z390 board.

Dec 4, 2018

I figured an ATX board would give me room for upgrades if I ever did want to, but I'm honestly not a hardcore gamer. League is probably the most system intensive game I play, and I do some video editing and coding as well. I like the looks of the Asus Z370 board much more but I was reading how the 390 has updates to support the latest processors. What are your thoughts on that?