[SOLVED] asus rog strix z390-h gaming boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2019
hello all, i have as weird issue with a newly built gaming pc. Ive upgraded by core i7 to the following :

asus rog strix z390-h mobo
intel i9 9900k
64 gb of corsair 2666 ram
2x480gb ssd in raid
2 x msi 760 gtx in sli mode

no matter what i try i cant get windows to load, i've tried 1 stick of ram in a2, ive taken out the gpu's and try to boot from onboard, ive tried 2 different boot media usb with win10 recovery but i cant get past the windows logo screen, the machine hangs everytime. i can get to post and have tried all kinds of combinations of bios settings but still it hangs at the same point. i'm now at the end of my teather so hoping you good people can offer some suggestions?

Solution
thanks for the reply rgd1101, I have now solved the issue, the board i was shipped had a bios revision of 1002 and the latest version was 2437, glad that the board has the flash utility onboard! started what should have been a couple of hours work and lost 2 days fixing the issue. glad that i did though as the machine is flying and running stable and cool at 5.2ghz and temps of around 35 on idle. hits 55-60 under heavy load. I suspect the original board revision didnt support the processor i have in it now.

Thnx
Jun 21, 2019
thanks for the reply rgd1101, I have now solved the issue, the board i was shipped had a bios revision of 1002 and the latest version was 2437, glad that the board has the flash utility onboard! started what should have been a couple of hours work and lost 2 days fixing the issue. glad that i did though as the machine is flying and running stable and cool at 5.2ghz and temps of around 35 on idle. hits 55-60 under heavy load. I suspect the original board revision didnt support the processor i have in it now.

Thnx

Reactions: nm285
Solution
Aug 10, 2019

Thnx
I'm having the same problem with the same board. So you were able to update the bios without having windows installed? Because my machine is freezing in the same spot yours did so I haven't been able to install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.