[SOLVED] ASUS ROG STRIX z390 i7 8700k drivers

sk8ernut.dw

Prominent
Dec 8, 2018
This is very badly embarrassing but I am having issues how to install drivers properly. Like the chipset drivers? I cannot seem to install them and they take it straight to the desktop?

Can anyone direct me how to install these drivers properly? I need all of my ASUS ROG STRIX z390 Gaming E drivers up to latest date. Bios is the least of my worries because ASUS tech support said I don't need a bios update but it seems like I have an issue installing drivers. I don't how to make it work. For example I downloaded Version 1828.12.0.1152
2018/12/24 Chipset Source: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

And I have no clue where to directly install those? I am sure the other drivers aren't hard to install. I don't use Armory Crate app in Bios because I disabled them. I read an article about the fact they push bloatware in the system and it has a security flaw. I almost thought I would need that app to install drivers easily and save time but I don't want my files vulnerable by ASUS. I like my privacy. So help a fella out here. I can't seem to register to ASUS ROG forums it keeps asking me the case sensitive password and it keeps not bypassing. It sucks downright!

Also do I need INtel drivers too? I have an i7 8700k

I was told that I should disable integrated graphics in bios to have better fps for my GPU? This impact performance or should I leave it alone? I have no idea where to find it in bios. This 8th/9th generation is a new experience for me. I always had a 3rd Generation bios and I am extremely not used to the new one but I enjoy the new build.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390 GAMING E
i7 8700k base clock (no overclocking at all)
Corsair H100i RGB PRO
Corsair Ram corsair vengeance RGB pro 3000mhz
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB
Seagate FIRECUDA SSHD 1TB
Corsair RMX 750 watt PSU
NZXT H700i

Solution
Where are you trying to install drivers and how? Im asking this question because i think you're making it harder than it should be. All drivers downloaded should have an executable to install the driver, either by within the zip or when extracted to a folder.

Drivers are always installed in Windows and not by other means like trying to boot from it if that's what you're trying to do.

It is recommended to run any driver installer as administrator. Right click the installer executable and you'll have additional options including run as administrator. Run as administrator helps bypass operating system security measures resulting a more successful installation.

Drivers you need are usually chipset, storage controllers, Lan and audio.

Do...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Where are you trying to install drivers and how? Im asking this question because i think you're making it harder than it should be. All drivers downloaded should have an executable to install the driver, either by within the zip or when extracted to a folder.

Drivers are always installed in Windows and not by other means like trying to boot from it if that's what you're trying to do.

It is recommended to run any driver installer as administrator. Right click the installer executable and you'll have additional options including run as administrator. Run as administrator helps bypass operating system security measures resulting a more successful installation.

Drivers you need are usually chipset, storage controllers, Lan and audio.

Do not need to disable integrated graphics as your video cable is connected to the graphics card and wont be used in games. Usually igpu is disabled anyway when a discrete graphics card is detected. Igpu can be turned back on (if disabled) in the bios if want to run another monitor.

Regarding armoury crate, that's new to me and after a brief search about it im not too fond of it either. I think you did right disabling it.

Solution