Question Asus Rog Strix Z490-H or Msi Mag Z490 Tomahawk ?

brunovnik

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
So right now im on r5 3600 + b450 tomahawk max pc and recently i had some issues with pc that is turning on but no signal and it drove me crazy so i think how motherboard is broken. And i am thinking of switching to intel (probably i7-10700kf) and obviously new motherboard. So i looked some motherboards and right now im in dilemma either asus or msi. Now asus one is around 30€ more than msi one. But then again i have bad experience with msi motherboard and i donno which should i get?

brunovnik

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
How have you determined that the motherboard is the problem?
Well i havent determined but i assupmted. I mean im so tired of "determining" and "diagnosing" the problem, where i just came to the point, when im like "f*ck it, im gonna buy some motherboardz and cpu and and then rebuild the system and lets see what happens". I already made a post on this forum about that problem, but unfortunately no concrete help. As i said, i did what i could. So why not try to change MB and CPU?

brunovnik

Prominent
Mar 8, 2020
Yeah, but i dont have any reserve parts, so i would have to buy new ram and psu aswell. And by that logic, i would have to buy completely new pc.
What if the ram or PS is the issue?

Motherboards don't usually just die. Do you see a leaking cap?

I would first try to figure out the issue.
And btw, psu's like corsair rm750x dont usually just die aswell, and ram like corsair vengeance 3000mhz dont usually just die, especially when those parts are being used only for a year.