Question Asus ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI - White LED (no signal)

Nov 20, 2021
So, I've got myself Asus ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI with ASUS TUF-RTX3090-24G-GAMING on it. The problem is - when I reboot my PC, there's a big chance the motherboard will stuck with the white LED (VGA error, according to manual) and my TV will say "no signal". All that while there's a Windows bootup sound in speakers / headphones. In other words, the system would load, but there won't be any signal on TV. When I turn off my PC completely, turn off the TV, then boot my PC and only then turn my TV on, there's never a problem. But when my PC reboots with TV on, there's a huge chance I'll get that white LED problem. It doesn't matter what kind of reboot it is - windows update, regular restart through "start" button or pressing the button. Same result - white LED until I turn off the entire thing completely.

PSU is brand new and there's more than enough power. There are no problems with PC itself (no artefacts, no overheating, etc). BIOS is at its latest version (1007). All recommended drivers / tools from ASUS are installed. Latest NVIDIA drivers. In other words, everything's fine until I try to reboot. Looks like some sort of nasty bug AND I did find quite a lot of people with the same exact problem on similar setups, except nobody found a proper solution. I mean, sure, it's not that hard to turn off the PC completely and then try to boot again, but still, it's very annoying.

P.S. No overclocking, fast boot is disabled in BIOS. PC is connected through HDMI 2.1 cable, which looks fine too (again, no artifacts or something like that). It happens only on restart. AURA lights on video card work, etc. I'm really confused... any help? Thank you.

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
So, I've got myself Asus ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI with ASUS TUF-RTX3090-24G-GAMING on it. The problem is - when I reboot my PC, there's a big chance the motherboard will stuck with the white LED (VGA error, according to manual) and my TV will say "no signal". All that while there's a Windows bootup sound in speakers / headphones. In other words, the system would load, but there won't be any signal on TV. When I turn off my PC completely, turn off the TV, then boot my PC and only then turn my TV on, there's never a problem. But when my PC reboots with TV on, there's a huge chance I'll get that white LED problem. It doesn't matter what kind of reboot it is - windows update, regular restart through "start" button or pressing the button. Same result - white LED until I turn off the entire thing completely.

PSU is brand new and there's more than enough power. There are no problems with PC itself (no artefacts, no overheating, etc). BIOS is at its latest version (1007). All recommended drivers / tools from ASUS are installed. Latest NVIDIA drivers. In other words, everything's fine until I try to reboot. Looks like some sort of nasty bug AND I did find quite a lot of people with the same exact problem on similar setups, except nobody found a proper solution. I mean, sure, it's not that hard to turn off the PC completely and then try to boot again, but still, it's very annoying.

P.S. No overclocking, fast boot is disabled in BIOS. PC is connected through HDMI 2.1 cable, which looks fine too (again, no artifacts or something like that). It happens only on restart. AURA lights on video card work, etc. I'm really confused... any help? Thank you.

What model TV and are you plugging the HDMI cable into the TV or into a surround sound receiver or anything? I saw someone post a fix for this same error and a couple of people commented it fixed it for them too, but I'm skeptical lol. He said to shut down your PC and switch your GPU to a different PCIe slot and then boot it back up. He got a display and a message his bios reset then shut it down again and switch the GPU back to the original slot. He said he hasn't had the white led vga error since so who knows?

Oh if you try it you should write down in bios settings you may have changed because they will likely reset.