Question ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A CPU Cooler and VRM spacing issue

May 29, 2022
Is there any confirmation on which adequate CPU cooler has been made to fit this board? I selected the D15 from Noctua but there is no way its fitting without some moditfication or having it turn 90 degrees upward. From what I have been able to gather there are not too many "high end" coolers that will fit for the same reason. IMHO fitting does not inlcude turning the unit to exhaust from the top as cases may not allow for it . I am ready to have the MB returned and try again at this point before I cut slots into the VRM to accommodate the radiators of the CPU cooler. I simply dont see the engineering of of the VRM as needing to be that high as well as did they not test the various CPU cooling products current and previous to allow for some conformity?

May 29, 2022
It will of course fit, the only issue you could have is with ram clearance under the cooler. All coolers that are socket compatible will fit all boards generally.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough I have the board and the D15 cooler and it does not fit unless I turn the cooler flow 90 degrees facing the top of the case to which I don't have exhaust capability not to mention my PSU is at the top of the case. Ironically enough RAM clearance is not an issue only the VRM. In researching it would suggest that a signifcant amount of ASUS Z690 boards have the same issue in which various high end coolers cannot fit due to the boards VRM and more specifically height.

Digital~Dreams

Prominent
Jun 24, 2022
BeQuiet Shadow Rock 3 suits this board well (especially in white) and is offset to stay well clear of the ram slots. I learnt the hard way first time round. Their website has a motherboard checker too 😎