[SOLVED] Asus ROG Strix z690-e No monitor ... Sometimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbumbico

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
Hello all.

I am having an issue where upon restart my monitors are not always kicked on. I'm not sure if the motherboard forum is the correct place but I figure it's at least close.

I built this system about 2 months ago and am just now getting around to trying to figure out this frustrating "feature"

To reiterate, if I restart my computer there is a random chance the monitors will not turn on even though the motherboard denotes a successful boot with A0 post code. The monitors are both connected via display port and both monitor will either turn on or not turn on. Never one on and one off.

My setup:
I9 12900k
Lian Li Galahad 360mm
Asus ROG Strix z690-e
EVGA RTX3080 ti FTW ultra
G.Skill z5 Trident 5600mhz 32gb (2x16gb)
Samsung 980 pro 2TB nvme
Mushkin e-Pilot 2TB nvme
Asus ROG 850w 80plus Gold
2x Asus Tuf Gaming vg32vq
Corsair icue 5000x

Thank you ahead of time!
-TJ

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the board you've got in your build? Are the monitors tethered to your discrete GPU or is that split between the discrete GPU and the motherboard's rear I/O displayport? Speaking of motherboard, what BIOS version are you on for said motherboard at the time of writing.

If you're working with Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Have you tried downloading the latest driver for your GPU off of Nvidia's support site and then using DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers? Once you've used DDU, while in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

tjbumbico

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
Is this the board you've got in your build? Are the monitors tethered to your discrete GPU or is that split between the discrete GPU and the motherboard's rear I/O displayport? Speaking of motherboard, what BIOS version are you on for said motherboard at the time of writing.

If you're working with Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Have you tried downloading the latest driver for your GPU off of Nvidia's support site and then using DDU to rid your platform of all GPU drivers? Once you've used DDU, while in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Thanks for your response. Yes that is the board in question. Both monitors are linked directly to the 3080ti via display ports. I am not aware of the bios version nor Windows 10 build but I will get that info when I get home today. The graphics card drivers are updated and this has been an issue throughout the life of the build, all Nvidia driver sets since January. The previous drivers were all uninstalled and disposed of properly. I can reinstall the drivers in safe mode if you think that's really pertinent, but as I said this has been an issue since day one.

Digital~Dreams

Prominent
Jun 24, 2022
I have this issue on two Asus ROG Strix Z690-A boards even when trying to get into the bios !!, latest bios flashbacked onto both. The problem is constant and the only workaround is to switch on the monitor just before the PC so it doednt have time to go to sleep. Both boards returned. My 1080ti is connected via display port and has no issue whatsoever in my old x99-s motherboard so must be a board or CPU issue.

time_lord

Honorable
Apr 19, 2018
I have the same issue on an ASUS Z690-F based system.
The problem occurred after updating the BIOS from v1403 to v1601.
BIOS 1601 seems to not be able to recognize the Display Port. The monitor reports no signal.
The only way I can see the BIOS post is to disconnect the Display Port and connect via HDMI.
I think BIOS 1601 is a dud as I never had this problem on BIOS 1403.

tjbumbico

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2015
I am still having this same issue. Nothing has fixed it. Also, replaced the ram to Corsair Dominator 6200mhz because the G.Skill was defective.

The problem only happens sometimes. Also when the computer wakes from sleep it will sometimes not kick the monitors on. This is so frustrating.

Sep 6, 2022
I have the ASUS Z690 ROG Gaming-G and i'm experiencing the same issues
3060TI and MSI monitor
FURY BEAST 6000mh DDR5 Ram.

The Card and Monitor definitely worked on my old PC.

Oct 5, 2022
-- This fixed the problem for me --

Move your m2 SSD out of the M.2_1 slot. This slot conflicts with the main PCIE G5 motherboard slot and causes the GPU to not be detected on reboots.

The M.2_1 slot also takes 8 lanes away from the G5 slot which will slow down your GPU. You don't want to use that m2 slot anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.