Question Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F GAMING WIFI or Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI?

jasonmason

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
Hi, i'd like to know your point of view if its worth paying more for the Asus Rog Strix z690-E motherboard which currently here in Europe costs 554€ with no discount which equals to 608$ in US and the ASUS Rog Strix z690-F costs 380€ with discount which equals to 417$ in US, i would save about 174€/191$ going for the F version of the motherboard. Is it worth paying more for the E version? Im thinking about Overclocking my rig in some future so i don't know how the F version would handle it.

These are the specs i am aiming for, so i don't really know which version of the motherboard suits me better either E or F. The goal of the build is 4k 144hz gaming.

Planned components: (Haven't bought them yet)

Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix z690-E/F Gaming Wifi
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Silver DDR5 6000MHz 32 GB 2x16GB CL36
CPU: i9 12900k
GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 Ti OC Edition 12GB GDDR6X
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe 3D TLC (For Games)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro SSD 250GB PCIe NVMe M.2 (For OS)
CPU Cooler: iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler — White
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
Case: Corsair 5000x RGB — White
Fans: 7x Corsair RGB Fans

jasonmason

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
Asus Rog Strix z690-E fits your build the bet. Considering how expensive your build is already, you might as well buy this motherboard.
Yeah but still don't know if its worth throwing that extra 191$ for the E version, given the fact that they've got pretty much the same performance so i wouldn't like to slip there paying more when maybe its not gonna be even worth it. Crazy to think how some motherboards nowadays cost more than PS5.

Last edited:
Is it possible to shop around in Europe? Here in the U.S. on the Newegg website, the price difference is only $30, $400 for the F and $430 for the E since the price of the E has already been reduced $40. Perhaps the price difference will be less when you're ready to buy or if you can find an alternative source. Most overclockers would go with the 2 extra power stages on the E if that's your primary concern. (I have a Strix z590-E but I turned overclocking off since I prefer air cooling and a quieter operation. My next build scheduled for May will be a z690-G since that's adequate for my needs.)