Question PNY RTX 3060 GPU suddenly not detected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2022
I am facing some strange issues this week.
I purchased an RTX 3060 and installed it almost 20 days ago. It was working fine. Suddenly my goes blank screen and pc restarts. Sometimes restarts and sometimes not. Got errors kernel 117 and 141.

After that most of the time, my motherboard can't detect my GPU. If I clear the CMOS it detects on bios. After starting normally again my screen goes blank and restarts. Then no gpu display output.
iGPU is working fine and has no issue.
While trying to detect my GPU I can see GPU fans are spinning full speed but not all the time. Instantly up and instantly down.
I also have an issue with XMP. My Rams are running at 4800, If I enable the XMP II after using 30 mins or 1 hour a blue screen comes up and restarts. With base 4800 no issues.

I updated bios and bios settings are default.

I am running windows 11

My Specs:
  • Motherboard: Asus Z690-F Gaming Wifi [BIOS Version 1003]
  • Processor: Intel i12700k
  • Ram: DDR5 5600 G.Skill Trident Z
  • SSD: 980 Pro 1 TB, 970 Evo Plus 250 GB
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master 750w80+ Gold
  • GPU: PNY RTX 3060 12 GB

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
I am facing some strange issues this week.
I purchased an RTX 3060 and installed it almost 20 days ago. It was working fine. Suddenly my goes blank screen and pc restarts. Sometimes restarts and sometimes not. Got errors kernel 117 and 141.

After that most of the time, my motherboard can't detect my GPU. If I clear the CMOS it detects on bios. After starting normally again my screen goes blank and restarts. Then no gpu display output.
iGPU is working fine and has no issue.
While trying to detect my GPU I can see GPU fans are spinning full speed but not all the time. Instantly up and instantly down.
I also have an issue with XMP. My Rams are running at 4800, If I enable the XMP II after using 30 mins or 1 hour a blue screen comes up and restarts. With base 4800 no issues.

I updated bios and bios settings are default.

I am running windows 11

My Specs:
  • Motherboard: Asus Z690-F Gaming Wifi [BIOS Version 1003]
  • Processor: Intel i12700k
  • Ram: DDR5 5600 G.Skill Trident Z
  • SSD: 980 Pro 1 TB, 970 Evo Plus 250 GB
  • Power Supply: Cooler Master 750w80+ Gold
  • GPU: PNY RTX 3060 12 GB
You should apply for a return, it might be defective. Keep thinking its a software problem, a few days go by and it's too late for a return. Electronics with problems show up pretty fast. If nothing changed, send it back.

Aug 15, 2022
You should apply for a return, it might be defective. Keep thinking its a software problem, a few days go by and it's too late for a return. Electronics with problems show up pretty fast. If nothing changed, send it back.
Thanks. I think my motherboard and GPU have issues. When I enabled XMP II, daily my pc shuts down at least 5/6 times. Now I got GPU issue. GPU fan spinning instantly low, instantly high without any output. Sometimes detects sometimes not

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
ya, I'd send it back, that's messed up.
Glad to have helped, had a hardware issue myself. Just a usb ssd adapter, it died within 3 days. I got a new one with a different chipset and it's working fine now. No software fix in the world would fix that problem. It got real hot and I wasn't even writing to the disk.

Alan Alan

Prominent
Aug 9, 2022
I sent back the GPU. They found no issue. I think now the issue is my motherboard and mostly the PCIe slot
Well that's both good and bad, You might be able to simply clean your pcie slot with contact cleaner, The power should be sufficient and it should boot with that card. So use your on board video if you can and test the computer to see if it works without the card. Sometimes you have try different pci e slots too.

Status
Not open for further replies.