Question Asus Rog Strixx 2060 Black screen, no Signal

May 28, 2019
So, I just bought my new card (previously Zotac 1060 no problem at all) Asus RTX 2060. When I just install the card and reinstall the driver and GPU Tweak II, and it was normal. Right after that, I played couple hours of game and suddenly it's screen turn black, and all system sound also silenced. It must be forced shut down to turning back my computer alive. Found out that when I set OC profile on GPU Tweak it when black screen at anytime. Then I change it to Gaming Mode ang for couple days it was running normal. And then it happened again, try to change to silent mode but still happened after couple days later. And now, it's frequency moire intense, even I just play dota 2.

Going multiple forum some told to change my DP cable, then I purchased vesa certified cable. But problem persist. Then I turn in back to where I bought, they test it couple hours to and it's run normally. Found out they tested it without GPU Tweak II, so try and un-installed it too. Then it's running normal for couple week. But suddenly happened again. Once it happened, the frequency more intense day by day. So they told me to change switch in the back of my card from quiet mode to performance mode. And it magic, it normal until 3 weeks later. And now it happened again.

Anyone have same issue like mine?
THe problem start when computer failed to be waken up from sleep state.

My system : https://valid.x86.fr/4xbrqm

My PSU : Seasonic G550

You should email ASUS and get them to reply to you.
To me something sounds faulty, maybe when you OC'd it you broke something? (but shouldn't be possible).
If it is under warranty and it's not performing how it should, then return it.
Can you put the 1060 back in and see if you get the same problem to happen, if you can then it's something else, if you can't then it has to be the GPU

This whole story seems to me like power problems. Your PSU being a seasonic unit confuses me as they are very good but you never know, you might be unlucky and got a bad one (highly unlikely).

In any case you can try DDU to clean install the graphic drivers so you can be certain it's not software related.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
May 28, 2019
You should email ASUS and get them to reply to you.
To me something sounds faulty, maybe when you OC'd it you broke something? (but shouldn't be possible).
If it is under warranty and it's not performing how it should, then return it.
Can you put the 1060 back in and see if you get the same problem to happen, if you can then it's something else, if you can't then it has to be the GPU
already did, but ASUS redirect my request to ASUS Indonesia which is they've tested it and they said run normally.

This whole story seems to me like power problems. Your PSU being a seasonic unit confuses me as they are very good but you never know, you might be unlucky and got a bad one (highly unlikely).

In any case you can try DDU to clean install the graphic drivers so you can be certain it's not software related.
I already did DDU but problem persist. To change PSU the problem is I've already spend USD 50 to get DP cable Vesa certified since it's not available locally in my country. So before I spend more money to buy another good PSU maybe there's have someone exactly same problem with me?

already did, but ASUS redirect my request to ASUS Indonesia which is they've tested it and they said run normally.
That sucks, sorry to hear that.
Have you powered off the monitor? As in removed power from the socked.
I have read and have experienced the bug with Display Port, that it doesn't show on the screen, so you just remove power for 20 seconds or so, then plug it in and it resets the bug with the display port in the monitor.

May 28, 2019
That sucks, sorry to hear that.
Have you powered off the monitor? As in removed power from the socked.
I have read and have experienced the bug with Display Port, that it doesn't show on the screen, so you just remove power for 20 seconds or so, then plug it in and it resets the bug with the display port in the monitor.
I know when how most CS in my country. That's why I prior to contact ASUS Global, but redirected.
I never tried that, I'll try it when it occurs again in the future. Thanks for the advices.

I was not suggesting that you change your PSU but the previous card had no problems and since they checked the new one and found no problems it's either faulty PSU or possibly faulty motherboard.
My previous motherboard did something similar and in the end it was fried. It started like you that it could not wake up from sleep and ended up not showing any signal.