News Asus ROG Swift 500 Hz G-Sync Monitor Showcased at Nvidia Computex Event

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
Alright. I'll say it... ahem - this is getting ridiculous. 🙄
The idiot tax, plain and simple. I doubt any human on the planet can see the difference, let alone the average one; and even if they could, to claim or expect any discernible performance gain from such an "upgrade" would be ludicrous.

In my case, I went from 60Hz to 75Hz to 120Hz with virtually no noticeable difference at all. I mean, it took me a real effort to see the difference in a dedicated test, but as far as real-life gaming and desktop computing goes? Nada. Even when running two screens side by side for comparison. If anyone really wants to see a "competitive" difference–how many "pro" gamers are out there, anyway?–switch to a bigger screen, dummies. I'm on a 40-inch 4K and can't even imagine going back to 34", let alone ridiculously tiny 24" 1080p. Don't you have to see stuff to shoot it, even at 500 updates per second?

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
Why, of course pros don't have to see the target, they can shoot on 'sound' :ROFLMAO:
Not all of them. Only those who are smart enough to use Military Grade Super Extreme Professional Edition Gaming headsets with 256 positional zones, 4D bass, and 4,000,000Hz frequency ranges. I know a guy who sell you one, dirt cheap. Interested?

Reactions: gg83 and bigdragon

LastStanding

Prominent
May 5, 2022
Not all of them. Only those who are smart enough to use Military Grade Super Extreme Professional Edition Gaming headsets with 256 positional zones, 4D bass, and 4,000,000Hz frequency ranges. I know a guy who sell you one, dirt cheap. Interested?
😂🤣😂

No, but if you know somebody who sells Helmet of seeing-through-walls I'd be grateful. ;)

Reactions: gg83