ASUS ROG SWIFT and Skyrim

adrenalytic

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hi All,

I don't know where else to ask this. I have tried the Skyrim forums and no one owns this monitor. But basically, I play Skyrim and it has an issue with rendering frames over 60 fps. I'm not sure I fully understand it so I'm hoping for expert opinions/advice. Here is my system:

CPU/Mobo: i2500k @ 4.5 Ghz / MSI p67a
RAM: 16 GB G. Skill @ 1866 Mhz
GPU: GTX 980
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

Here is is my problem:

I have Skyrim modded to the tits. I get excellent frame rates (50-90 mostly, very rarely get below 50) but when I look around just to enjoy the scenery I notice juttering. There is no frame drop according to fraps, Just a blatant stutter. I suspect this has something to do with my monitor refresh rate and possible mouse input lag but I have no idea where to start because my monitor is such an unknown.

Looking for experienced help please.

Auge

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Definitely not Asus. Happens especially when turning around the first time or entering a crowded area and textures are loaded. But I am curious too! Your type of monitor is waiting in its box at my home to get unpacked! How do I have to set? Are you using 60,120 or 144 Hz? And after switching off VSync and using a refresh rate over 60 Hz will it not cause your physics engine go crazy?? Do you use a framerate limiter to prevent that? Skyrim will let clutter fly around (Poltergeist phenomenon) when displayed with more than 60 fps. So I guess, you set "ipresentInterval" to 0 in your skyrimprefs. Ini and disabled it in your ENB too, if you are using one? How is your experience using GSync instead of VSync? No tearing??