ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q "No Signal" Issue

MrRage

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
Hi guys not sure how to solve this issue on my monitor, (ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q) when plugged into the power source the asus annimated logo shows up fine with a thing red line down the right of the screen (not worried about that at the moment) then hits the "no signal" page as nothing is plugged in, then I plug in my DP to DVI adapter the DVI end going to the pc and DP in the monitor as thats the only input on this model and its still a black screen, even when I power off then on the monitor and remove the power cord and plug it back in its still "no signal" and then a black screen as if the monitors gone into sleep, any fixes for this at all? as I currently have the monitor apart going to try anything.

thanks for your time.

MrRage

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The XL2411T supports HDMI, DVI-D and D-Sub, so I assume your existing adapter is running DP (out on the 780TI) to DVI-D (in, on the monitor).

Those cables/adapters are not typically omnidirectional. DisplayPort to DVI-D is exactly that - DP out from the system, DVI-D in, to a monitor.
You'd need DVI-D to DP for the result you want.

Remember, a 780TI has 1x DVI-D (DL) (digital) and 1x DVI-I (digital + analog)
I'm not 100% sure of the workings, but it may be that if you're using the DVI-D already, the DVI-I may only be able to output Analog.
There's limitations re: how many displays you can run, and in what configuration. Just because there's 4x display "outs" on a 780TI doesn't necessarily mean you can run 4x displays in all circumstances.

A 780TI is certainly capable of 4x displays, but I would suspect the *only* native configuration for this would be
HDMI-HDMI*
DP-DP*
DVI-D - DVI-D*
DVI-I - VGA
*All the digital outs could be adapted to any other digital signal (as no conversion required).

If you needed the DVI-I to run to a digital input on a monitor, I would suspect you'll need an active converter for this.

What's your current monitor setup?
Given a 780TI and the capabilities of the monitor(s), why wouldn't you just run:
DP-DP for the PG278Q
HDMI-HDMI or DVI-D to DVI-D for the XL2411T
+whatever is required for the other monitors?

MrRage

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

ahhh I see I thought the cables were omnidirectional and yes I am running dp to DVI for one of my monitors and DVI for the other two obv the DVI Digital is running the 144hz panel at 144hz, I will buy a DP-DP cable and see if that works, I've no idea if the monitor actually works my dad gave it to me as someone he knows found it by the trash next to a fully working i7 4770k rig so Im assuming that it works and they just couldnt bare having a red line down the screen xD

I can fix PCs no problem when it comes to monitors im a huge noob dont know where to start as its all PCB soldering stuff :)

MrRage

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

yea someone threw it away!! I couln't believe it, i've cleaned up the PC and that works a treat, although I bought a new DP cable and had to fiddle with a cable on the internals and the monitor is now working but any idea how to get rid of the white line on the left and red line on the right? its not urgent but would be nice if I can get rid of them xD I was going to see if I could RMA it but they wanted to know where I bought it and ofc I didnt buy it. here are some pic of the monitor.

CZm0Iq9