Question ASUS ROG Swift PG279QZ shows as PG279Q on Control Panel>Hardware & Devices. Did I get scammed by Ebay seller?

AaronDDB

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Hi all!

Recently purchased a monitor from a seller on ebay who claimed his monitor was an ASUS ROG Swift PG29QZ which for all those who know, is almost perfectly identical to the PG279Q but it's overall performance is better.
However, when looking at my Hardware & Devices on Control Panel, it says that I have an ASUS PG279Q and not a 'QZ. For those who have the same monitor, does it show the same for you? Seller claims that it did it for him too when he had it and I also received it in PG279QZ box, but he could've just purchased that and stuck the monitor in.

Thanks in advance!

AaronDDB

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
You should be able to contact ASUS, give them the serial number and they should be able to tell you.
Huh. So when typing in my serial number for a support ticket, it auto-fills what kind of product I have....turns out I do have a PG279QZ! So all is good. Thanks for the help there! Weird that it actually shows it as a PG279Q on Control Panel