Question ASUS ROG SWIFT PG27UQ HDR problem

vercetti80

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018
Hello guys,

last week I bought PG27UQ, moving from PG279Q mostly for the higher resolution and HDR1000. I know this one supports all those new features in one place. I'm using RTX 2080 Ti and 9900k processor.

However, when I turn on HDR in games, it looks worse than SDR mode and washed out. For example AC Odyssey looks washed, grey and not colorful. Also other games, such as Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Battlefield V, etc. The SDR option, especially Wide Gamut option turned on from the OSD of the monitor, it looks x10 times better than HDR. This is not an entry level HDR monitor (HDR400 for example), it's HDR1000, 384 zone full array local dimming, IPS, Quantum Dot monitor and the result - WASHED out HDR mode.

I read so many articles about it, read so many reviews, everyone is saying that the HDR is mind-blowing and the main reason this monitor to shine above the others, which makes me dissapointed. I tried to tweak settings, and no, still nothing changes.

Tried to use 98hz + 10bpc on control panel, same, tried 120hz + 8bpc, also same. Tried Windows HDR on ( desktop content also gets washed out ), then tried with Windows HDR off, so the game can turn the setting automatically, and no result in all the ways. Also, updated to the latest version of Windows 10... nothing.

I'd really appreciate it guys, if you can help me to set this up... Big thanks!

vercetti80

Prominent
Jul 11, 2018
In the Nvidia control panel under display, go to adjust desktop color settings. In that page go to number 3, Digital Vibrance, there is a slider there. Slide it to the right, say 85-90% or higher. See if that helps out the coloring.
Output dynamic range is full, desktop depth is 32 bit, output color format is RGB.

Digital Vibrance makes the picture over saturated.

Can't belive, you pay 2k bucks for such a monitor, and waste 7 days of tweaking details, bruh