Question Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ Issues

AstroCEO

Honorable
May 25, 2017
Hello all,

So, I have been trying to resolve the following problems for the past few weeks with no luck, and I was hoping that some of you would have the insight to help me figure this out.

My monitor has this weird white circle behind most objects that appear on screen, like my cursor and other prompts. It looks like the colors get slightly more bright or faded white in an oval around the items whenever they show up? I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix this. It's really annoying. I have read about HALOING and Blooming, but I don't think it matches what those people describe those as? What the heck is going on?

Also, when I am in a video game, but I press an macro command in an outside app or something, it pulls me out of game briefly, flickering once on leaving the game and once on returning. Is this the monitor not being able to show the command accordingly on the screen with HDR mode on, so it shuts it off for a second and then returns to it? I don't know...

Thanks, Connor.

AstroCEO

Honorable
May 25, 2017
When I take screenshots also, the pictures taken are "washed out"/very faded white. Is this due to my HDR setting being on? Is there any way to fix this with HDR still on?

AstroCEO

Honorable
May 25, 2017
Here's a picture where you can really see it clearly against a black background. What is happening here???

20191209_044340_zps6jueh8c9.jpg~original