Asus Rog Swift Problem !

Lasorous

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
Hello guys i really need your help and i hope that someone might be able to tell me if this is normal or if their is a fix ?

Well i have just got the Asus Rog Swift 2560x1440p Monitor, i'm sure most of you have heard about it and it's a pretty expensive monitor!

However my screen seems to have a problem on the right hand side where there is a slight shadow coming down in a curved position that appears brighter than the rest of the screen. For example, Say i am on the steam library or dark black scenes it is a really noticable odd glare that doesn't fit with the rest of the screen and really ruins the rest of the quality :( I can even notice it in games, however the screen appears to be fine in any light scene on that side.

I'm peeved as i spent 700 pounds on this Monitor and this fault is just beyond annoying.

Here is a photo i hope you can notice it on the right hand side ! http://imgur.com/rc7sokV

Solution
You could perhaps contact ASUS directly in your country and ask for help or complain about the supplier. ASUS should help you. Also, maybe try the monitor in another room. Perhaps electromagnetism is affecting your screen where you are, but I doubt it.

gaborbarla

Distinguished
I think your monitor somehow got damaged during transport and now it has what they call backlight bleeding.
Here are two threads relating to your monitor and backlight bleed.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1455299/asus-rog-swift-pg278q-discussion-thread/5110
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1041032677

Normally what happens is that the monitor becomes unseated inside its own casing and pressure is not applied evenly on the edges.
I recommend you ask for a replacement immediately, yours looks very bad, definitely something is wrong there.
Gabor

Lasorous

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Thanks for the advice !! I knew it wasn't right and it's been niggling me so much as i know it's always there ! Do you think i could unscrew the bottom and fix it or as you said shall i just ask for a replacement immediately ?
Thanks for your time :)

gaborbarla

Distinguished
I know it is a pain, but rather ask for a replacement. If you open it, it might void warranty and chances are that your wont be able to fix it and might get electrocuted, even while it is unplugged if it has capacitors.

Lasorous

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Hello , thanks for your help by the way. However I have really disappointing news, I actually sent it back to overclockers and they took it and tested it, I've now waited a few days and they have sent an email stating that there is no fault and it's returning back to me and basically that's that. I am furious to say the least, they say the backlight problem on the right side is not bad enough to warrent it as a fault. They must have a problem with their eyes. Now what do you recommend I do ??? Take it to pieces and try and fix it myself ?? I am so angry right now.

Lasorous

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013

Thanks :( I think its riculous how they couldn't even notice the fault, it's so blatantly obvious that it's there. I am just boiling with anger at the moment, as I just spent 700 pounds on that bloody monitor to be left with a huge scar on the screen. I have tried the tapping, rubbing technique but I didn't do anything at all. I don't even know if it's backlight bleed to be honest with you. There is nothing to really help me in this situation :(

gaborbarla

Distinguished
You could perhaps contact ASUS directly in your country and ask for help or complain about the supplier. ASUS should help you. Also, maybe try the monitor in another room. Perhaps electromagnetism is affecting your screen where you are, but I doubt it.

Solution