Question ASUS ROG x570-i Strix Gaming won't POST but was previously working okay.

Jul 7, 2020
ASUS ROG x570-i Strix Gaming won't POST with white (VGA) indicator. Repair shop says GPU is fine. Tried the simple solutions. Any ideas?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4 21300)
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING, 08G-P4-3071-KR, 8GB GDDR6
PSU: 650W SFX-L 80Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply (NP-S650M) (included with case)

Began experiencing problems about 1 month into use. It replaced a faulty power switch button and after installation, issues started. Build intermittently fails to post and gives a white QLED error light, indicating VGA problems. Monitor wakes but indicates “No video input.” Took it to a repair shop and they tested another video card in this build, issue persisted. Repair shop tested my GPU card in another build, it worked fine. Issue persisted on their monitor and equipment. Repair shop initially determined the problem was that the GPU was not seated correctly, updated the BIOS for me, and the PC worked again and was thought to be solved. However, about 2 days later, the issue returned and has not posted since. Repair shop determined there was probably a problem with the motherboard.

I’ve already tried:
Changing monitors
Changing DP cords, and using HDMI instead
Swapping video card (My video card works in other rigs, others do not work in mine)
Resetting CMOS (can’t access the battery, but I reset shorting the jumpers as per the manual)
Removing each stick of ram in each slot individually
Reseating gpu
Reseating each component individually

Note: The issue seemed intermittent for the first few weeks. Sometimes I turn on the PC and it works fine, other days it won’t post as described. I seemed to find a workaround by first waking the monitor from sleep while pressing the power switch seemed to circumvent the problem, however after a few days that stopped working and now I am stuck at black screen, no input detected, white VGA QLED lit. I am currently at the point where it never works.

Any ideas would be appreciated.