ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme x399 “Code: 63 Check CPU”

pcbuilder1997

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I posted this in systems, I will take it down in an hour to midigate dual postings.
Here are the specs of the client build:
Asus ROG zenith Extreme x399 (TR4)
Threadripper 1950x
G.Skill trident Z 32gb kit
Corsair HX100i PSU
STRIX 1080ti
Cooler: Noctua NHU-14
(Storage if relevant)
970 pro
860 evo
WD Black 4TB

So the issues with this computer are as follows: He left his PC alone for a few days after the system had been running stable for a couple of months. The system never goes into power saving mode (sleep). He went to wiggle his mouse to wake the screens with no response. Then looked at the on board screen to find the error code “63 check cpu”, the onboard qLEDs to the right of the ram and CPU (left of 24pin) are lit at white (VGA) after attempting to post.
We flashed the newest bios version, cleared cmos and tried again. Same result. Tried one stick of ram, same result. Tried different ram configurations. Same result. Tried moving GPU to a different slot, same result, tried disabling the slot GPU is installed in, same result. Made sure that all power cables and connections were secure, same result. Unplugged everything except for mouse, keyboard, and monitor, same result. We check the LGA and the tr4 tension screws, all checked out to be fine, no bent pins on the LGA, no dust in the CPU, and the tension bracket was torqued the correct amount.
I am now having him leave everything unplugged with battery out for an extended period of time to see if that helps anything as far as residual power with error codes. I haven’t had a chance to try different hardware in the system yet but we are both frustrated because it feels like it’s just a $4K light box. I do not know what else to do, any help with the super expensive machine would be helpful. We want this up and running ASAP. He needs to be up and 3D printing soon.
Thanks in advance.

pcbuilder1997

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Thank you, but I forgot to add in the description to the problems we are having that we tried clearing the cmos the “newer” way with the system being plugged in. We are doing it the old school way now with the battery out for an extended period of time due to no luck with the plugged in/powered on state.

D

Deleted member 217926

MERGED QUESTION
Question from pcbuilder1997 : "Zenith Extreme x399 Threadripper build Not POSTing or Powering on."

pcbuilder1997

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I don’t know what else to do. I have narrowed it down to maybe the CPU being dead. The power flickered while he was away according to another resident. I think we may start an RMA for it. Unless anyone has any ideas?