Question Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 laptop has halo/light-ring around the screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik62905

Honorable
Jan 17, 2018
Hey everybody,

So I've had the G14 for a few weeks now and it's an absolutely amazing laptop. Recently though, I've noticed this weird halo effect where the edges of the screen turn light. It looks kind of like a vignette. It happens pretty rarely, but randomly enough that I can't prevent it. Restarting the computer or shutting it down has no effect on the halo, and it seems to go away whenever it feels like it. It fades away over a few minutes, rather than disappearing immediately. It's so weird.

Pics:
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/YjK4ViO

I'm not sure if this is an issue stemming from Windows 11 but I never noticed it until after updating. It could very well be the display firmware, drivers, or something else causing the issue. I haven't updated any drivers recently, though. I don't think it can be an issue from software like Armory Crate because the effect is visible from as soon as the display turns on. As of now, it's only occurred while using the integrated Vega 8 iGPU, just something to mention. I haven't seen or heard any reports of this issue online, so maybe I have a lemon that's only sour for five minutes every other week? Anyways, the specific model is GA401QH-211.ZG14BL

Status
Not open for further replies.