Question Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 (2022) vs Razer Blade 15 (2021) ?

MinisterNarwhal

Prominent
Oct 20, 2020
I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop to get me through college, and I've narrowed it down to these two options. It seems to me like the main advantage of the M16 would be found in the DDR5 RAM, while the advantage of the Blade 15 would be the RTX 3070's superiority to the 3060. I'm not certain which would result in better performance, and was hoping to get some help on the subject. I'm looking at the M16 on Best Buy and the Blade 15 on Amazon, as there's an option on Amazon to purchase the laptop in "Like New" condition for roughly $1,500. Any insight into what the superior laptop might be would be much appreciated.

Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 link

Razer Blade 15 link

TheMightySquelch

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
College you say, but what else would you use them for? Just note-taking, a bit of web and productivity? I believe both models have a mux switch... (the cost of Razer alon should have a mux), DDR5 is a bit more expensive should you decide to upgrade and the M16 only has one slot for that. The Blade 15 has two slots, if I remember correctly.

Portability-wise, again up to user preference, since they are about the same dimensions and weight.

The M16 screen though, that 16" screen has great color gamut... what screen-type is the Blade 15 you're looking at?

Upgradeablity, both are fine, the Blade does not use philips-head screws though.

Price-point: If you can get the Razer at near $2k, or below, that would be a steal.

Me personally, if I have the cash to spend and then some, go for the Blade 15.