[SOLVED] Asus rogs strix b450 f Gaming SSD m.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2020
hello sorry for my bad english, I'm from Peru (Latin America)

I just bought the asus rog strix b450 f Gaming, I plan to put an ssd m.2 but I see that it has 2 slots to put I wanted to know where it should be.

Solution
So if I put the m.2 on top, I can put the gpu on the bottom but the PCIE port will no longer be x16 because it will be x8, due to the sata connectors, right?
Ok so I found a better image in the manual.

Top M.2 is the 1 spot, lower one is the 2 spot. When using 1 the SATA 5/6 ports are disabled. 2 spot the PCIE slot runs at x8.

gh6s23h.png

4oEj2k6.png

WildCard999

Titan
Depends which M.2 you use. The first M.2 is used it removes the SATA 5/6 support. The other slot changes the PCIE slot from x16 to x8 however that makes little difference in gaming performance (2-3 FPS max). The manual, from what I've seen doesn't specify which M.2 is which but I'd assume the one on top is one and the one on the bottom is two.

In short either (or both) M.2's are fine to use.

Reactions: PaulC55 and DMAN999
Apr 17, 2020
Depends which M.2 you use. The first M.2 is used it removes the SATA 5/6 support. The other slot changes the PCIE slot from x16 to x8 however that makes little difference in gaming performance (2-3 FPS max). The manual, from what I've seen doesn't specify which M.2 is which but I'd assume the one on top is one and the one on the bottom is two.

In short either (or both) M.2's are fine to use.
So if I put the m.2 on top, I can put the gpu on the bottom but the PCIE port will no longer be x16 because it will be x8, due to the sata connectors, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.