Asus router RT-N53

Solution

[strike]I don't know If that can be converted into a wireless repeater. [/strike] I was wrong. I don't have one of these so I can't say for sure, but when setting up similar ASUS routers as access points, the key thing is to assign a static IP LAN address BEFORE toggling the mode. So, do a factory reset of the router. Connect wired to a LAN port. Assign a static IP to the LAN. THEN toggle to repeater mode. If it fails, you can always factory reset and try again. It took me a few tries to get access point mode right.

kanewolf

Titan

[strike]I don't know If that can be converted into a wireless repeater. [/strike] I was wrong. I don't have one of these so I can't say for sure, but when setting up similar ASUS routers as access points, the key thing is to assign a static IP LAN address BEFORE toggling the mode. So, do a factory reset of the router. Connect wired to a LAN port. Assign a static IP to the LAN. THEN toggle to repeater mode. If it fails, you can always factory reset and try again. It took me a few tries to get access point mode right.

Solution